Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Argh! Help! (Lag 1 Fog Light retrofit)

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 24th April 2009 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
The position for the relay is fine (the brown one in the fusebox picture) and wired up - the relay clicks when the front fogs are activated, I suspect they'd actually work if I cleaned up the contacts in the connector in the engine bay (that's a common problem with foglights on the Lag 1s) since the light on the instrument cluster comes on too. I just suspect that the 'jumper' I can't fit somehow reconfigures the lighting circuitry so the headlights would work with the other type of stalk.

I'm just puzzled because I don't suppose Renault would sell the kit if it were impossible to retrofit fogs, and there's no warnings on the box about certain models being excluded - the instructions even describe gutting out the foglight blanks (as you'd have to on an RN with the black bumpers) because they don't have blanking plates fitted like the higher models with colour-coded bumpers.

So close, yet so far! I might have to rip the fusebox apart and see what's inside - if I could find a picture of the innards of a foglight equipped cars fusebox, it would probably be easy to work out what the 'jumper' did.

Edit: I was just looking at the fusebox pictures and I notice the 'jumper' positions appear to be colour coded - perhaps there's something else to it and the diagrams with the instructions are wrong :-/

Another edit: If anybody with a non-A/C but foglight-equipped Laguna could post a picture of their relay panel on the bottom of the fusebox, it would be very much appreciated. I'll get to the bottom of this

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)

Last edited by Azurael; 24th April 2009 at 03:36 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome