Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Argh! Help! (Lag 1 Fog Light retrofit)

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 24th April 2009 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
No, the wiring in the Haynes manual was right! That's how I worked it out... Once I noticed the missing pin on the fog-light equipped stalk was connected in the plug on the loom in my car, it got me thinking, so I worked out which ones were which and confirmed it with a multimeter by switching various things on and off on the stalk (luckily the plug was labelled, and it matched up with the diagram in the Haynes manual, even if the wire colours didn't.) The fact that the dipped beams still work with the connections rearranged so with the original stalk makes me think my car might have been wired up wrong from the factory, but it just so happened to work because terminal B4 (which is absent on the front fog-equipped stalk) is internally connected with B5 in the original stalk.

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome