Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rear door/central locking wont open on 2001 1.4 16v megane.

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 25th April 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
There is a doglegged piece of wire which runs from the lock to the handle. In their infinite wisdom Renault have made the connect between the two by a very short interference piece of plastic which is push fit only. I would guess yours has come off through the doors being slammed or similar. Mine has recently done the same and it's very fiddly but the skills needed to actually do it are few.

I've replaced the plastic bit with a nut and bolt so it doesn't come off again. I'll try to post photos on my thread "Locked doors Megane 1 (Facelift)" over the next few days.

Basically, remove door trim and put you hand inside the panel. You should feel (and partially see) the dogleg between the lock and door skin and the small hole in the plastic handle fitting where the dog leg goes. Refit the dogleg or if it's broken or you want piece of mind fix a nut and bolt like me- you'll need to remove the lock for that.
Currently in widu13's garage:
2011 Trafic 2.0 dCi 115 Crewcab

Last edited by widu13; 25th April 2009 at 11:19 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome