Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio Liberte Aerial.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th April 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio Liberte Aerial.

Hi all,

I've just made the mistake of taking my Clio through an automated car wash without removing the aerial. During the cycle it bent the aerial forwardsto the point that it was lying flat against the windscreen (it sprung back into place after the machine stopped).

Fortunately there is no major damage but it seems to have dented the bodywork very slightly immediately in front of the aerial mounting, so the back of the mounting no longer sits flush with the roof.

Is this something that is likely to cause problems if I don't have it repaired? It looks like a potential entry point for water.

There's no damage to the aerial or mounting, so it looks like the bodywork could very easily be pushed back into place if I could work out how to remove the aerial mount. If anyone could describe how to do this I'd appreciate it!

Many thanks,

Currently in ed2020's garage:
Renault Clio Liberte
  5 Lastest Threads by ed2020
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio Liberte Aerial. Bodywork ed2020 9 1774 26th April 2009 10:57 AM
Renault Clio Liberte (2000) - A couple of... Engines oarneer 10 3156 12th April 2009 05:55 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome