Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio DynamiqueS

Thread: Clio DynamiqueS
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th April 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up

Hi Guys,

I’m after a little help please.

We are looking at replacing our current “run around” car. Currently we have got a 1999 MK4 Astra 1.6 16V Sport with cruise control, electric windows mirrors, trip computer, full alarm, CD steering wheel controls etc etc.

Now we are looking for something a little smaller than the Astra without losing the “performance” or interior features. Age wise we are looking at an 06 or newer.

And we short listed three cars

Fiesta ZetecS
Clio 1.6 DynamiqueS
Corsa 1.4 Design or SXI.

No I spent today having a look a few cars (looking only no driving) and the two that stood out were the Clio and the Corsa. I didn’t find a Fiesta ZetecS but of the lower spec Fiesta’s I did find I really wasn’t impressed to be honest, uncomfortable seats and the dash looked dull and plastic. Certainly felt like a step down compared to the Astra.

However the Clio and the Corsa was much better IMO. The thing going against the Corsa though are the 1.4 engine and they seem to be holding there value well so in our price range we would have to get a lesser spec car.
That leaves the Clio…I will confess I wasn’t expecting much, having heard the “scare” stories and the stigma of French cars etc….but I was surprising shocked. The interior felt well built and when compared to the Corsa you get a lot more toys for your money. The Clio also has the added benefit that the Girlfriend prefers the look of them over the Fiesta and the Corsa.

So the questions:

• What are the latest generation Clio’s like day to day? Build quality etc
• Are there any common faults or recalls that need to checked be for purchasing
• What are the 1.6 petrol engines like round town and on the motorway?
• What sort of MPG can be had from these cars?
• Having a look at the performance figures the 1.4 looks like it could be just as good a buy in comparison to the Astra it will be replacing - is this so or would we be better off getting the 1.6?
• What are the diesel engines like? Are they considered better or worse than the petrol engines?
• Are the Clio’s reliable?
• What equipment is standard on the DynamiqueS?

On final question – the very helpful sales man at my local Renault dealership also told me about a 1.2Turbo engine (1.2 TCE I think) I never released such thing existed – what are these engines like?

Really sorry for all the questions and such a long post for my first but I want to find out as much information as possible about our prospected new car as we will have it for at least 3 years so it needs to be the right choice.

Many thanks in advanced
  5 Lastest Threads by T'Good
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio DynamiqueS Cars & motoring T'Good 4 820 26th April 2009 08:01 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome