Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Indicator / electrical help needed

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 27th April 2009
Diamond dismember
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
And the culprit was Bulbe l'Orange???

Bulbe l'Orange craqueleur, to be exact!

I removed the right rear cluster, as advised, and when looking into the connector,
it turns out that some of the plastic around one of the contact pins had melted a bit.
Furthermore, I found traces of something orange inside the plug at the end of the cable.

When I then unclipped the bulb panel from the cluster body,
I saw that the "egg yolk" on the indicator bulb had craquelured, and small flakes of it had fallen off the bulb glass.

That not only means that this is what did it, but that it's time to replace that bulb, even if it ain't blown yet.

Ultimately, I want to replace all the indicator bulbs with ones that have a silvery coating,
as they won't appear as "egg yolks" in the light clusters, but then again, there's the odd obstacle I've now run into:
These bulbs have their bayonets in some rather odd places:
- The indicator bulbs have them at an odd angle, instead of 180 degrees from one another
- The drive/brake light bulbs have them at different depths from the base of the socket.

Would any of you lot know if these odd placements of the bayonets are unique to Renault,
or would they be standardized by the SAE, VDA, ISO, or some other standards body?
Currently in costeau's garage:
2008 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi (Used to have a 2004 Laguna 1.8)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome