Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing OEM head unit

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 28th April 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Bumping an old thread, but it is the closest to the situation I am faced with currently.

I have a similar question, from my searching it appears that it's not possible to control the dash display with any aftermarket stereo. These searches are by no means conclusive, and this thread: Replacing Scenic II CD head unit seems to contradict this information. I checked Autoleads, and the pc 911 series appears to just grab the head unit's manufacturer and display that. Not worth if you ask me. Another source has this : which claims to put up id3 tag info, but would require a supported Sony head unit.

I am also not an audio professional or even amateur hobbyist. I just want to use the stereo from my old car (card reader, bluetooth handsfree + A2DP, mp3/wma CD and aux in) and go.

As another option, I could buy a new stereo that will take the stalk controls and do something useful with the in-dash display. Has anyone had any success with what I would like to do?
The Following User Says Thank You to galorin For This Useful Post:
delta94 (25th June 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome