Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - French Electronics...

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 28th April 2009
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
After 3 days of Renault ownership I'm starting to get problems... I absolutely love the car (Megane II) but it appears to have contracted the now infamous Window Regulator Fault... This is where my One-Touch Electric Windows drop, all by themselves (THANKS RENAULT!!!!) and won't go up... After almost 3hrs of fiddling I've got the front passenger window back up and removed the fuse, just a short while ago, I went to move my car and I need to open the window to hear what my Dad is shouting, but oh, the window only moves 2 inches up or down with each press, exactly the same as the passenger side window did before it failed all together... I've been doing my homework and the most likely cause of this seems to be water ingress... Is there anyway I can better insulate the doors of my car against water?
Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!

Car is a December 2002 Renault Megane II Dynamique 1.4 16v 5dr Hatch

Thanks in advance!!

Hello Waugh, the window moving 2" at a time is normal ... what it means is that the window has lost its top and bottom settings .... if you do a search on the forums you will find detailed instructions to reset the windows ... but basically its move the window to the top (in 2" steps") then hold the switch up for 10 seconds ... this sets the top stop position .... then put the window down (probably in 2" steps) until its at the bottom, then again hold the switch down for 10 seconds ... this sets the bottom stop position ... the window should then operate normally ... double check these instructions by doing a search as my memory is failing and I may have it slightly wrong ... to much La Regie vapours me thinks

hope it helps

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome