Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ********* Renault Stealer experiance

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 28th April 2009
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
What many customers fail to realise that in many situations it is necessary to strip some components to establish what is wrong and needs repaired or replaced. None of us have X-ray vision. Having said that this aspect should be made clear to the customer before work commences as in some cases it may not be cost effective or affordable.

Some years ago a customer complained as to why I had removed the spark plugs on his sick engine and as he got angry I carefully explained the reason. I agreed to replace his old plugs and he could then take his car elsewhere for repairs. He turned up at 5-00 pm closing time just as was locking up and then had the cheek to ask me for a loan of a tow-rope. I gladly gave him a piece of old tattered rope on the condition he woudn't return and bade him goobyye and good luck. Guees what his wife turned up a week later all apologetic and I was able to effectively repair the car a little cost.
Customer should also realise thet engine parts, etc aren't held in place by zip fasteners
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome