Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - window problem on a megane scenic

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 28th April 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
You may be lucky - if I recall correctly there is either a hole in the bottom of the glass that attaches to a plastic clip on the cable mechanism on older models, or the glass just clips into the clip.

In either setup you have to take the door panel (plus loudspeaker and 'parcel shelf' off the door to invesigate.

If you are lucky then it may be that the glass has just jumped off the clip and you have caused no further damage. Just pull up the glass, wind down the mechanism and relocate the glass.

If the clip is broken you may be able to find a replacement on thiefbay (about 6 each) as this is a common problem, otherwise it's a new mechanism. Again thiefbay is the cheapest (70 or so) and fitting the replacement is not too bad to do.

However as it is an 05 I would contact your dealer as soon as possible and see if it is covered under warranty - they extended the warranties to cover window mechanisms in certain circumstances. I got my whole mechanism replaced foc even though I was happy to pay for the clip off thiefbay and do it myself. Think you will need the registration number and the mileage to give them.

Hope this helps
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome