Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 sport tourer load cover

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 28th April 2009
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,201 Times in 4,712 Posts
My neighbour bought a 2007 Lag Tourer about 6 months back and he threw a wobbler when he heard Renault wanted around 150 - although it has to be said such luggage covers don't come cheap no matter who the manufacturer may be.
We were able to source one for a tenner from a local scrappy. We told him it was ruined and only wanted to salvage the roller from it. The blind had been ripped off and rolled in a mucky field for a few months and full of heavy wrinkles.
Not to be deterred we took it apart washed it and using newspaper and a household iron where able to get it pretty much flat. We then trimmed off across the fixing end of the blind and stuck it down with heavy duty duct tape. After charging the central spring in the roller (3 turns if I remember) the blind wouldn't roll evenly back onto its roller - it all went in at an angle a began to jam. Then I remembered an old trick a local hardware shop owner showed me when working with roller blinds. On the side which seems to wind back less than the other stick a piece of tape (about 2" long) onto the roller at that side and that straightens up the wind-back - its a bit like increasing the diameter of the roller at one end. It took a few attempts but after we got it running and fitted to the car it hasn't given any bother since. As it remained under tension in the car and left in the sunshine soon all the wrinkles disappeared. All in we spent around 2 hours fixing it but well worth the saving
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome