Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - sat nav not working and screens are dead. Where is the sat nav computer?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th April 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
sat nav not working and screens are dead. Where is the sat nav computer?

i have a 2004 laguna initiale with built in sat nav.

We changed the battery as advised by the RAC and since then the sat nav screen has been blank and the seat belt warning signal has been beeping most journeys even though the seat belt is plugged in.

I took it to a garage yesterday who said they think it is the sat nav computer which they say is in the glove box but i thought it was in the center above the radio.

It is the one with the colour screen, the dials and buttons for the sat nav are in the center part above the radio and the bit where you put the cd in is the glove box.

I can not seem to find any info on the computer and renault havent helped, they just told me it will cost 895 for a reconditioned unit or 1500 for a new one!

The cd part still accepts cd's and ejects them and when i eject the cd the renault sign and time flash up on the screen but then it goes blank again so i am assuming these are still ok. That only leave the part that you use to enter the addresses etc from what i can see.

Can anyone tell me if this is likely to have blown up and if this is the computer that controls the sat nav or is there another part that is not on show?
Does anyone know the name of it?

Any help or advise will be greatfully recieved.

This car is driving me nuts at the moment as i seem to have one problem after another!!!
Currently in michellew's garage:
2.0l turbo laguna initiale 2004
  5 Lastest Threads by michellew
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
sat nav not working and screens are dead. Where... Electronics dstorm 9 1641 29th April 2009 10:48 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome