Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Advice and Help Needed

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 29th April 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
I'd be inclined to keep on at them, as the car had been supplied to you with the puncture already present.

I presume (since your first post said 'we' collected the car), that someone else witnessed this (again, they have no corroboration).

You shouldn't be penalised for being the last person in the chain (God knows when this puncture occured).
It was my girlfriend who was with me. We were waiting in a queue for 40mins to get the car and it was 11pm at night and we were tired and in a hurry so I didn't see the tyre then. And as such I can't prove when the puncture happened.....just woke up friday to a soft tyre!

I might email Europcar and ask where in their terms & conditions is the fine of 60 for getting a puncture. I can't find it and between myself and my girlfriend we've hired at least 10 cars since last september and its never been pointed out to us.
Currently in renofan's garage:
1997 Laguna 1.8 8v RT Sport. Black. V6 Leather Interior. Wood Trim on Dash. Monroe Gas "Reflex" Shocks. Sport Springs. Sparco Strut Brace. Team Dynamics Sword Alloys. 6 Disc CD Changer. Tow Bar. Crystal side repeaters. Currently 183,000 miles done. Airflow spoiler, new '00 model headlights, backlights and DRLs waiting to be fitted....
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome