Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #175 of (permalink) Old 2nd June 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Apparently, the problem is not only in UK. I found these on a French forum. In general, they are pretty much as you can read in this thread with an important additional piece of information..... the breakdown-truck man told the owner that this was a common fault with this model. Along the lines it is also reported that this was the reason why the design was changed on later models.

but I'm afraid it's all in foreign!!!! With apologies, I attempt to translate the first essentials, and invite someone else who is more fluent to translate some more bits after visiting the site. 50 yrs since I learned french and too many miles on the clock now to remember much.

Peut-on traduire quelques citation les plus importantes en Anglais svp???? Il y a cinquante ans qui j'appris le francais.

Salut tous le monde j'ai une clio 2.1, et il m'est arrivé un truc de fou sur l'autoroute: Mon capot s'est ouvert pendant que je roulais. Alors j'aimerais savoir si c'est un défaut sur les clios? La mienne est de 04/98.

Greetings Everyone, I have a 2.1 Clio and have just had a crazy experience on the motorway: My bonnet flew open while I was driving. I would love to know if this is a known fault on the Clios. Mine is an April 1998 one.

Ah ouais, je roulais a 130km/h, dégouter j'ai plier mon un peu mon toi et casser mon pare-brise, et je ne parle même pas du capot.
Le dépanneur ma dit que c'était un défault sur ces voitures, alors si c'est le cas attention à vous!!
I was driving at 130 kmh. I am disgusted it just folded up and smashed my windscreen but I did not mention (to the recovery man???) the bonnet.... The recovery man told me that this is a fault on these cars, so if this is the case, let this be a warning to you.

Je ne sais pas non plu, mais j'ai un amis à qui c'est arrivée aussi. Alors attention à vous.

I don't know but I have a friend to whom it has also happened

J'ai reussi à me faire rembourser le pare brise, car le mec de l'assurance m'a dit qu'il aurait fallu défoncer quelqu'un, mais bon. Il valait mieux abimer une voiture qu'une personne.
I got reimbursed by my insurance for the windscreen ..........

Tu poses un problème qui mérite des éclaircissements. J'approfondirais ça demain, c'est trop grave comme truc.

You are posing a problem that merits clarification. I will go into this more deeply tomorrow, it is too serious

Again I apologise for any inadvertent inaccuracies.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome