Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Coupe

Thread: Megane Coupe
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 2nd June 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
OK pro's - its got most mod cons electric sunroof, mirrors and back (bat) windows. CD and controls on steering wheel, white clocks, sports half leather seats - nice and comfortable. Interior still quite modern given its age. Very fast when you want to put your foot down (i got 127mph out of mine recenty - but it cost in the fuel department!), sounds sporty and is a right looker.

Cons - expensive cambelt to replace 250ish cheapest as it can only be accessed by certain garages (mainly renault and the odd independant one). Also, the fan belt gets changed at the same time - given the age/mileage, i'd say the one you're considering should have a new cambelt asap. Tyres are a bit expensive and tbh steering is not the best, in fact i've lost my back-end when going around roundabouts too fast. Space is limited in the back, so not ideal for those with a family. Also, boot access is pretty small and I couldn't even fit a garden table in there yesterday - had to call my brother with his F*rd Focus to help out (quite embarassing sat outside B&Q!).

All in all, i'd say get it - i love mine to bits. Be prepred to start paying out maintenance costs now tho. At the moment my power steering is playing up and my exhaust is going to need replacing in the near future - just general stuff tho

Buy it!!!!
Currently in superbiatch's garage:
57 reg 1.6 tdci Fiesta Zetec Climate

Last edited by superbiatch; 24th January 2008 at 12:31 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome