Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2001 Grand Espace electronic display gremlins

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 1st May 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Exclamation Seeing clearly now

OK, It's been a painful couple of days but I've accepted defeat here.

The culprit can only be the dash itself, I think the key thing did make a difference but wasn't the cause (more of a side-effect)

I still think me pressing the keyfob button continuously whilst it was in the ignition has reset something, no idea what though.

One thing IS for sure, it's all down to the dash, I can't tell you exactly why but the more I read up on it, the more obvious it becomes.

Moral of the story is:

If you are experiencing intermittent dash problems, unless you are friends with someone who knows their Sh** electrically speaking, it is going to cost you at least $150.

Don't forget to check for any possible causes either as it will happen again.

It was peeing down today and the sunroof started leaking on my sons head, only a tiny bit but enough to short stuff out, clean/replace those seals!!!!!!!

IMHO French cars just don't like cold, wet weather at all.

Will definitely be keeping a hold of the old dash to get some experiments going to see what went south, at least then I could report back here and have some piece of mind on the matter. Waiting on a phone call to confirm my beliefs and the dent in my beer money.
Currently in Spanner_Brain's garage:
2001 Grand Espace 2.0 16V privilege, Audi A4 2.8 V6 Quattro
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome