Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace III - Central Locking problem

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 1st May 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Dear Jules,

Thanks for your tip. I had a look under the seats and found some cables disappearing into a lovered plastic cover, but could not enter it or see if there was an Electronics Box in it due to not enough space. I checked the 2 connectors coming from the seat electrics, but they seemed OK. I would probably have to remove the seat to gain access. How does one do that ?

I also checked the Fuse Box under the floor. Everything seemed in order except for the fuse on the bottom LHS column, which is missing. The Fuse diagram, stuck on to the black electronic box, shows that this missing position (bottom LHS) should hold a 25 Amp Fuse for the anti-theft / seat position. Please excuse the translation, but my Espace is from Austria and the text in the User Handbook is in German. The Pictogram for the Fuse at this position is of a Seat with 2 arrows underneath it, plus "Alarm" written above it.

I tried to fit a spare Fuse into this position, but there does not appear to be any retaining clips under the plastic to actually make contact with it.

Hopefully this additional information is of some use in narrowing down the problem.

All the best,

Currently in Royboy47's garage:
Grand Espace III 16V Yr 2000; 1961 MGA 1600
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome