Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace III how to reset a hung dash

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd May 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Over 18s only! Espace III how to reset a hung dash

The dealer smiled and said "Just needed reset"

I knew that meant I'd just paid them to pull out a fuse or disconnect the battery.........

Bluddy knew I was right.

If your dash has hung and the immobiliser tell tale light has come on solid - permanently along with the seatbelt warning light and the handbrake warning light;

Do yourself and your wallet a favour - try this obvious one first:

1 - open the fuse box and remove the 4th fuse from the bottom on the left hand row. (the picture for it looks more like a ghetto blaster than a dashboard LOL)

2 - Turn the side lights on to prevent a spike to the display unit.

3 - replace the fuse.

If it worked - your display should now be doing something different (depending on how badly fooked it is) - my display showed the green "side lights illuminated" lamp and the immobiliser light returned to flashing steadily.

I checked the remote locking and surprise surprise, full operation restored.

Save yourself 70 by trying this if your immob. light is always on, locks don't work with fob and display never appears.

Now that I think of it, may be worth a try for any of these individual problems... I had all three at once, maybe a fix for locking probs or non-displaying dashes (though I'd imagine you'd check the fuse first LOL)

The dash still has issues because it's knackered but I'm glad I knocked a couple back and had a think about it,

the words "B*ll*cks to it ; I've nothing to lose...." never so poignant as tonight for me,

Spanner_Brain 1 Renault garage 1

Think I'll get a friend to test the displays' circuit board, he knows what he's doing so may find something repairable on the display before I go paying no less than 150 quid on one.

Anyway, good show batgirl.

(was too scared to pull the power before as I thought it might mean getting emergency codes and all that lark, but if you have the same vehicle as mine, it'll be just dandy)

Currently in Spanner_Brain's garage:
2001 Grand Espace 2.0 16V privilege, Audi A4 2.8 V6 Quattro
  5 Lastest Threads by Spanner_Brain
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Radio controlled car video YouTube Spanner_Brain 5 1819 3rd June 2009 11:22 PM
Naming and Shaming Feedback & Announcements Mike11 28 3898 2nd June 2009 03:20 PM
Now I'm relay confused Electronics Spanner_Brain 6 2114 2nd June 2009 01:03 PM
POLL attempt no.3 - Have you registered for... General Chat Spanner_Brain 37 4603 16th May 2009 05:44 AM
Name the part! Electronics Spanner_Brain 33 3787 15th May 2009 01:23 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome