Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Radio wont hold its station memory

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 2nd May 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Post on a roll so why not?

Hey CST - I don't know anything about Lagunas but I know this much, the problem is that the permanent 12v wire from the radio (sometimes coloured blue) isn't connected to the right place, it has to be wired pre-ignition switch or it will lose its memory when you turn the ignition off as the new radios' memory will no longer receive a current and will clear itself.

Not sure of how the old one would be wired but if you can figure out which wire is the permanent 12v for both the new radio and the old radio you can hook the new radios' memory/perm. live to whatever colour supplied this to the old radio, so you may end up connecting 2 different coloured wires together but ultimately they are for the same thing.
( a permanent +12v feed from the battery, isolated by and unaffected by the ignition switch)

However, it may be possible that the old radio didn't have the memory in the unit itself (therefore no permanent live wire), but that's just a possibility guestimation, like I said I dunno about these radios or cars.

I posted a thread earlier with a link to a radio fault finding type document thingy that may be of help to you - worth a bashola.
Currently in Spanner_Brain's garage:
2001 Grand Espace 2.0 16V privilege, Audi A4 2.8 V6 Quattro
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome