Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Halfords.....

Thread: Halfords.....
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 3rd June 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
lol there are a lot of people who have been taking legal advice of their mates down the pub on that forum.

The trouble with the law is that its vaugue, consumers interpret it one way, retailers another both trying to get the best they can. Most retailers I have dealt with let customers take the P155 because its easier to give a refund than to argue.

Most retailers will honour a 28 day refund but customers will always try it, like break it themselves and say its broken.
IMHO when it comes to expensive electricals, cookers large items retailers are well within their rights to ask a manufature to look at it.

Once upon a time i worked in retail, customers would wheel in a washing machine they have been using and claim it was broken. Well how the hell can you test it instore, you just cant. What should happen is they or the retailer contact the manufacturer and they come out and fix/replace its simple. Still customers argue but legaly it has to be fit for purpose and maufacturers at the time were working on the policy if its repaired more than twice in the year then the customer can have a replacement.
See the law is vague customers expect a replacement, maunfacturers want to repair it, both think its the law.

My advice, check refund policies before purchase, and in the end if its not DOA it is normaly quicker and easier to have problems dealt with under warranty than with the retailer.
Currently in sleepdeprived's garage:
megane 1.6 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome