Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic casset radio replacement

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd May 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic casset radio replacement

Hi all, First: cracking site, seems to be quite helpful, although proof of the pudding and all that!
I am a new driver and have found myself looking at a great deal on a 2000 Y reg senic with only 48000 full renault service history for 1500 quid. not only a great bargin, but a great car - completely fallen for it! one trouble with mine (not really a problem, more like an obstacle)

I want a cd player in it instead of tunerlist cassette. so I bought one off of ebay ! good idea I thought, the connections (ISO) look like they fit so tried running it up! nothing, display was blank... stalk didn't seem to work, but I wouldn't know! pressing buttons on player did make a beep as if asking for the code! a friend has since bought a scenic (after having admired mine) he refered me to the dreaded bike shop that sells car parts at highly increased rate... so, I visited them... after discussing the 30 adapter lead, 16 facia adapter, 5 arial adapter, 10 stalk adapter & of course finally the 150 JVC that would be the only stereo to work with the stalk. I decided that 200+ was crap! so, turned back to my 30 ebay paper weight.

my question is this (finally): will the cd player actually work in the scenic? it was sold with megane/clio/espace & scenic compatability... it has no code, but I can source that. is it just a wiring thing that I can easily sort out. the attendant at the dredded shop indicated that the stalk wiring and display wiring were swapped on certain models... is this true? if so, can i just take the dash off, have a peak and swap some cables around?? your answers would be much appreciated... I've got bank holiday to play with it!

Currently in dave101's garage:
Scenic II 1.4 (2000)
  5 Lastest Threads by dave101
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic casset radio replacement Electronics ANDYMID 4 7972 2nd May 2009 08:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome