Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Black screen woes

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 4th May 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by dstorm View Post
yes, I have some units (control units and also cd readers).
control module is this above the radio (it is navi Central Communication Unit (CCU) and TMC receiver.
I have answered to two similar posts and answer about control module was for second one. You probably have damaged cd reader (as you have read on ather posts).

If the unit in the glovebox (cd reader - navi calculator) is damaged then you have black screen and nothing on screen. No possibility to show anything on screen. It will not show anything when you press Eject button many times in a row.

If navi cd reader is ok but control module is damaged then your radio steering control will probably not work and you will have black screen too.
but navi will show renault logo or time when you press eject button many times in a row.

so you should check what situation matches your car.
of course reason can be damaged screen (very rare) or cables but in most cases problem is in one of two main modules. (reader or ccu).

Hi again Dstorm,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes i can confirm that the symptoms are that its the reader in the glovebox, As i aint got nothing on the screen even when pressing eject many times.

How much do you want for the reader and where are you based? Maybe i could pop over and you could fit it for me for a price

Thanks again
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome