Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Black screen woes

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 4th May 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by mattsmith140 View Post
Don't rule out the screen they do go,mine went it was working fine and then there was a little pop and the screen went first instinct was the reader so a bought a second hand one that i was assuered worked and it made no difference,so i removed the screen and took the back off and i could see were it was burnt(i should of done that first).
Whatever you decide to do don't get ripped off for the cd reader or the screen there were some on e-bay the other day with the person wanting 125 each for them if you take your time until the right one comes up you should be able to get them for sub 50

Thanks for that,

I have just checked the screen , Took it apart and it all looks fine in there , Nothing looks burned out

So its all still pointing to the reader in the glovebox

Just a quick question, I have yet to get the stereo to work as i cant see the screen to enter the code and was wondering if the stereo needs to be switched on working before the sat nav screen will kick back into life??

Ive been reading a post on here about entering the code " Blind" So will give it a go in the morning and see what happens.

Thanks again for all the info guys and if anyone has a reader for sale then please get in touch.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome