Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Fuel Consumption

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 5th May 2009
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by saabguy View Post
Can you elaborate on the OTS mods please Truckbusuk? Does it apply to just auto boxes or manual as well? I'm getting approx 26mpg around town with a manual which i'm disappointed with.
Hello. Renault OTS (official technical notes) which are either yellow or white I believe, these detail technical fixes for component/operational and software problems on Renault vehicles, some are general fixes and some relate to cars that are both in and out of warranty (yellow scheme ?), where a problem exists ... the 1.9/2.2dCi EGR replacement program is an example.
I dont believe they are applied as a matter of course during services etc, but you have to get the dealer onboard in your quest for the fix to your problem. Renault generally pick up the tab for the OTS work.

In my case I basically imprisoned the dealers RTE until he fully understood what I percieved the issue to be (19mpg ), then I told him I knew about the OTS updates etc .... and then set him loose .... that was when they "spotted" the fixes ... applied them and hey presto .... car fixed and one happy bunny (me) for the next 6 weeks until something broke or needed repaired.

EDIT - I believe the updates that were applied to mine were for the fuel injection computer (diesel) ... I dont know but I do know there was a similar OTS program for the EspaceIII about 2 years before ... it hay have been related ... they tend to be quite secretive about OTS work.

Hope it helps

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome