Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Jammed fuel cap - Renault Megane CC

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 6th May 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by hovis1982 View Post

Yet another new user - chanced upon this forum when googling the same issue. Unfortunately I also can't find any lever. I've pulled aside the carpet, had a very good rummage around (with a torch) and can only see/feel wires and some unit going in to the side of the fuel cap. It feels like the lock/motor as it vibrates if I unlock the car.

I've noticed that we both have diesels - is it possible that this has a different release mechanism to petrol fuel caps? If so, does anyone know where I can find it, or even if it exists?

Any help greatly appreciated.

I think it says in the sign off, but it's a CC 1.9dCI 06 plate (but 05 model according to the V5C) - just out of warranty...
Same here, I've got a 54 Megane CC 1.9 Diesel, went to fill up yesterday and the cap wouldn't open. Fortunatally I had enough fuel to drive home. After reading these posts today I've released the cap, athough it doesn't lock now. Still at least I can fill it up again.

If anyone else is interested I managed to stick my hand through the slot for the roof mechanism and found a carpet flap covering a hole. Under this I found the wires which must lead to lock and on the lock itself a small trigger. I had to use a mirror to check this wasn't just a cable tie or somethign but pulled it and the cap unlocked.

Now my next problem after I've filled up is working out if I need to push it back somehow or if I've got a faulty lock/wire.
Currently in esuhe's garage:
2004 Megane CC
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome