Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - error on radio and car wont lock by pressing button on door???

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th May 2009 Thread Starter
mummy to2
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy error on radio and car wont lock by pressing button on door???

sorry guys me yet again

2 more probs on this car yet again!!

1st one: me megane has the radio and 6 cd changer, when i bought the car the changer wasnt plugged in it had cds jammed in it, i had someone remove them. in the mean time the battery was removed on the car so the radio came up to put in the code, which i did and up came "error" the code in the book also matches the one on the radio but still comes up "error"

took the car to renaults and he put the code inand it came up error he then charges me 19 to tell me he doesnt know why it isnt working, but gave the code for the 6cd changer

tried unplugging the cd changer and putting the original code in still comes up error

any ideas i hate being soundless in the car lol

2nd prob: when i bought the car to lock it you could press any button on the door to lock it but now the only button u can press to lock is the boot, when i asked renault he said it would have to go on the diagnostic machine 100 plus vat

i think being a woman he thought i would fall for it

so so sorry for the long post but im at the end of my teather
Currently in mummy to2's garage:
renault megane 1.6 16v 2004
  5 Lastest Threads by mummy to2
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
could it be the throttle potentiometer??? Electronics Spanner_Brain 11 9718 6th May 2009 10:37 PM
error on radio and car wont lock by pressing... Electronics mummy to2 1 940 6th May 2009 10:07 PM
radiator fan on constantly?? Heating & cooling scatz 6 1750 16th April 2009 02:12 PM
is it only renault that can remove faults??? Electronics madnoel10 3 1131 11th April 2009 04:52 PM
where does the throttle potentiometer go Electronics mummy to2 9 2494 11th April 2009 11:31 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome