Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - My Broken Laguna

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 7th May 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
My two bobs' worth

Why are they taking your car away?

A car I once owned was hit by a bus, luckily it was parked outside the house so I wasn't in it at the time.

The bus tore the rear bumper off and gave the rear quarter panel a good seeing to. The insurance company sent a guy out who wrote the car off but informed me it was a "cosmetic" write off or something and would not need to be taken off the road. I would get to keep it and get a cash settlement from the bus company should they accept liability for it (which they did as a neighbour witnessed it(god bless her) driver apparently stopped and then drove off like nothing happened.

This gave me the option to repair it and pocket some cash, which I duly did. It was an enjoyable adventure, what with the re-spraying and bumper fitting, my kind of stuff

It may be worth a shot, the car's hardly wrecked, it'll buff out!!! LOL

I would be raging right now too mate, too many crap drivers on the roads these days.

Oh yeah, I didn't have to "buy" my car back or anything, don't see why you should have to either?
Currently in Spanner_Brain's garage:
2001 Grand Espace 2.0 16V privilege, Audi A4 2.8 V6 Quattro
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome