Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Sports Tourer rear wiper arm removal

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 8th May 2009
I'm a drummer, I hit things!
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2

Originally Posted by celtic_bhoy View Post
Anyone used either of the above pullers? Looking for a recommendation
I bought a cheap puller- billed as a wiper arm/battery terminal puller from ebay and it pulled off the wiper arm, leaving the alloy internal bit fixed to the shaft. I cut the inside of this with a junior hacksaw and split it with a flat screwdriver. Then take the plastic cover off of the shaft where the wiper blade attaches and then take off the little circlip that keeps the shaft in place. Wiggle the arm out- if it's anything like mine, this will take a pair of pliers and 20 minutes- don't attempt to take the mechanism off the glass, the big nut under the plastic cover is usually welded to it and sheers off! Clean up the shaft, clean out the hole, grease and reassemble. Then buy a new wiper arm (30 approx new), fit and Robert is your fathers brother!
Currently in bigiainw's garage:
2016 Skoda Octavia Scout 2.0 CR 150 in Cappuccino Beige/ 2006 Renault Clio III 1.2 16v 3dr Extreme in Post Box Red/ 2013 Renault Trafic LL29 2.0 dCi (euro 5) Sport Passenger in Luxurious Gun Metal Grey with Cruise control, now with parking sensors!!!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome