Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #300 of (permalink) Old 9th May 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Oliver, did it have the shudder at 80mph prior to the new tyres being fitted or has it materialised since they were fitted?

If after, the 1st thing i would check is if the tyres are on the correct way round, mine are rotational and say "this side outside" on the tyre wall and also an arrow saying "direction of rotation". If this is all ok, then the next step would be to get all tyres properly balanced (try to use a professional shop not the high st chains who are slap dash to say the least). The fact one of the wheels was buckled would suggest its taken a hard impact at some point which could have affected the alignment....a digital alignment should be able to sort this out or at the very least find what is damaged.

I know it affects the TPMS but try swapping the front and rear tyres around and see if anything happens, this will at least tell you whether its a chassis issue or a tyre/wheel issue.

Let us know how you get on,

Currently in saabguy's garage:
2002 Citroen C5 SX 2.2 HDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome