Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #548 of (permalink) Old 10th May 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Pressure Sensors

What a great site! I could write on here for hours as I have an 03 Initiale Laguna that's had more faults than most I reckon. Concentrating on Sensors, driving in the Pennines in the wet was my first experience of problems. Also, in the cold. The Renault Mill Lane Aldershot garage [usually good but] changed tyres and forgot to reset sensors on several occasions to correct tyres! You can end up searching on the wrong tyre for a fault and pressures reset by the computer going fully off with card out, before restarting engine and checking again. I manually check with a compressor pump and sometimes a gauge to make sure I have the correct tyre! The AA claimed the stiff valves could be hit by a stone and your tyre immediately deflates! I have not seen this but sounds alarming. The button on the steering column can reset all sorts from radio to satnav, clock etc but Renault are reluctant for security reasons to reveal all the grey arts on this. I drove away once with the radio not done and they describe on hands free how to reset this whilst I was driving. Colour rings - Mill Lane lost these on the floor of workshop when swapping tyres around for me. Originally, this helped identify which sensor was playing up from the car manual but now I have to work it all out from pressures! I was lucky with caps- I had plastic ones on the MII 03. Other refs: Bushes; Intercooler; Battery; Clutch; Engine mount; rear wiper / Anti-roll bar and car washes; Glow Plugs; Near side door seal; Aircon; First Gear; Robbery and windows; Polycarbonate bonnet? Off side door strap; Rear washer fluid leak;
Currently in Chillman's garage:
VW mechanic who is cool and honest!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome