Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Paint reconditioning (swirl/scratch/stonechip)repairs

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11th May 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Hi Paul
My wifes 1999 Renault coupe is Capsicum Red (solid paint) however it can not be cut as it has a top coat of lacquer, easy way to tell is when you rub your compound in take a look at your cloth after it should have colour on the cloth my problem now is the rear quater panel is bleaching in the sun, you can see the red getting lighter compared to the rest of the car, shame really as it is a nice loking car when clean, a lot of manufactures around this time (90's) put a clear coat over thier solid paint as thier water based paint was useless I remember polishing a brand new VW golf for the showroom using PDi polish which was 100% silicone not cut what so every, turning my rag over to find it RED with paint off the roof, can also remember at the same time leathering off a new black Gti Golf to find it covered in scrathes from the leather when the sun was on the vehicle warming it up you could actually leave a nail mark in the soft paint!
Currently in christopherM's garage:
Megane CC 1.9Dci 2004 & Megane Coupe 1.4 16v 1999
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome