Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 4X4 Drivers !!!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th June 2006 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry 4X4 Drivers !!!!

On holiday last week we parked up in a near empty carpark in a shopping centre. As we were returning to our car we saw a lady parking her 4x4 right nect to us. Why? There were literally hundreds of spaces but why park right next to us? When we were about 40yds from our car she opened her car door and let go? Why ? Next thing we hear a loud metal on metal sound as we see her door smack into the side of our car
She just sits there,we hang around a bit to see what she is going to do - nothing apparently. We approach the car, I ask my wife "is the car ok" - she replies " no,there's a bl00dt great scratchon the door and a chunk taken out of the rubbing strip.
Mrs 4x4 gets out of her car, all she says is the "wind took it" - what wind? did she perhaps fart as she opened the door?

Very politely we said "these things happen ( knowing full well she didn't give a to$$) but we will have to take your details so we can claim on your insurance".

At the end of the day if we hadn't seen it happen we would have just put it down to a car park knock ( the scratch has all but polished out and I'm sure I can sort out the rubbing strip) it was just her couldn't care less attitude and the fact she didn't even try to hold her door as she opened it that made us take her details to make her think she wasn't going to get away with it.

Apart from that eldest daughter had a sickness bug for 2 days, wife had the bug for the following 2 days - holiday was otherwise ok.
To top off the week,yesterday my eldest daughter also fell over about 5m from the end of her 75m sprint final - she was in 3rd place racing against girls almost 11yrs old ( she was 9 2 weeks ago) - she has grazed elbows,knee and forehead.

Things can only get better as they say!

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.
  5 Lastest Threads by SportTourer
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
4Km Sponsored Run at Newquay Airport Sport SportTourer 0 4528 19th January 2012 09:33 PM
Bad Few Days General Chat 10 2475 8th November 2010 07:29 PM
Laguna III - Quirks or Faults! My mottah! forrest38 63 28802 6th November 2010 04:27 PM
Laguna III- 6mths review My mottah! SportTourer 0 1956 5th September 2010 07:55 PM
Any Athletics Fans on here? General Chat SportTourer 0 1188 28th July 2010 08:29 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome