Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Are They That Bad?

View Single Post
post #166 of (permalink) Old 13th May 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by narrowgauge View Post
I'm on my 4th Laguna. I've only had the new one a month so it's early days yet but I've had no real issues with the others.
The first one was an R reg RN, I think, with sports trim that used a lot of oil . 'You do a high mileage' I was told when I asked about it.
The V reg Sport had the infamous, and expensive to fix, bonnet catch seizure after a couple of years and they seemed to have used a poor batch of bulbs when they made it. That one came to a sudden end on the A55 near Chester because I'd never had a car old enough to want its timing belt changing so learned about that the hard way. (The previous service had been done at an independent workshop because I saw no point at that age/mileage in paying extra to have it done by the main dealer. Had I gone to Renault they would have reminded me - they even have a poster about it behind the service reception desk at my local one.)
The third one was an 04 1.8 Expression with cruise control that I bought in Chester after having been quoted 4,000 to do a 'proper' engine rebuild on the Sport, that might have been worth 2,500 on a good day. That was 11 months old and had done 14,000 miles as a hire car. Ran it until January without any problems at all; 68,000 miles when I traded it in. (I knew the timing belt was due ...)
Ive had my Lag II priveledge for 4 years and have had nothing but trouble the latest was just last month when the crank shaft pulley went taking the engine with it. 800 quid for a recon engine fit. never will I buy another renault
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome