Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - HELP!!!!! lights on dashboard

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 14th May 2009 Thread Starter
lady in brown
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Spanner_Brain View Post
If you (or your husband) have a set of small "torx" sockets/screwdriver bits/keys(like allen keys but starry shaped-widely available) then it is a 30 minute job to check. No need to disconnect the battery though you may wish to do so anyway to be sure.

If you search for "espace dash" in the search engine there is a guide with pictures that will show you how to get to the display unit.

You pull the speaker covers off at each end of the dash (firm but careful)

take out the 3 screws securing each speaker to the dash and unclip the connector.

lift the dash up in the middle, popping out 3 more snap fittings (plastic poppers - just like the speaker grilles) - unclip the connector from the dome sensor mounted in the dashboard by pushing the sensor upwards and out of the dashboard to get at the connector and unclip/remove it (can be tricky - patience required here) then lift the whole dashboard clear, taking care not to damage the fabric on the pillars at each side.

once you have done this there are a further 5 screws to remove to release the display unit from the dashboard,(careful not to drop them or the tool into the dashboard void on the two side ones!!!) two of them are hidden under the sticky back foam cubes on top of the display unit.

carefully turn the unit over and the bulbs are there, simply twist each ones holder to release and check.

I can almost guarantee you will find one or two blown bulbs. Be sure to replace them with the exact same rated bulb for obvious reasons.

I believe this is the problem you have and that whoever it is may be trying to rip you off.

It sounds harder than it really is to do, if you can use a screwdriver and you have the correct size torx bit, it is relatively simple.

Remember to search for the guide on here that has photos as it will prove very helpful if you are unsure.
Thank you for all you help....if i wasn't for the fact that I'm a married women and i don't know you.... i would give you a big kiss thank you for all your help guess what we are doing over the weekend
Currently in lady in brown's garage:
1999 espace RT-X
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome