Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Sat nav + radio what next?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 14th May 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2002 Initialle Blank Sat nav screen

I have had my laguna since 2007 and the Sat Nav was working fine of sorts, but every now and again went off for about a minute then came back on of its own accord. In June last year the screen went blank and it has never worked since. I have swapped the screen and the control unit above the radio. I have not changed the unit in the glove box due to not being able to get one yet. I have taken it to pieces but nothing glarringly obvious stood out. I have been to my local Renault dealer and they filled me with confidence by saying all they would do is swap parts until it worked. I have tried to trace the wiring but.
(1) where does the screen get the radio and temperature info from? does it have to go through the glovebox unit?
(2) Tried re-setting the whole electrics- disconnect battery, connect terminals together, put lights on. All in case of 'Spike'. No avail (spent an hour on here trying to find thread for putting radio code back in blind.)
(3)Fuse under gear lever OK
(4)Has anyone sucessfully fixed one yet?

The screen is completely blank, black, not a flicker of life at all.

Currently in simofletch's garage:
Laguna sport tourer initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome