Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Early Ownership Problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th May 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio 2 - Early Ownership Problems

I bought a 16 valve clio 1.2 expression 2001 model in February of this year and its given me no end of worrying.
When I took it for a test drive it was great and it was me first car so was well chuffed. However when it became mine the problem started to appear. Iíve had the immobiliser problem, sitting for ages turning and turning the key again and again hoping it will start on the next turn and getting really frustrated with the flashing red light . I was due a road trip to England so didnít fancy not being able to start the car to get on or off the ferry so had to fork up 160 quid for a spare key. The guy in the Renault garage handed me the key and gave me that knowing look ďimmobiliser playing up is itĒ. seems to come as standard with renault.
I also have the leaky sunroof and Iím reluctant to take it to anybody as Iíve already gone well over budget with the car so thatís a DIY effort. I never noticed until after I bought it that someone has put sealant around the sunroof but its still leaking. I lifted the sunroof off before and the seal inside looks too big and doesnít seem to fit in properly. Going to take it off again once I get a few dry days and try and get it in properly.
I was giving my brother in law a lift one day and he queried the loud noise reverberating throughout the car. He thought it was maybe the exhaust but not sure. I was browsing the Forum and found something which sounds similar someone describing it as a ďnum num numĒ noise running throughout the car and a bit of vibration. In his case it turned out to be the bearings so thatís one avenue to go down. My remedy was to turn the music up.
I'm still happy with the wagon though as its served me well apart from the afore mentioned problems. i don't know where i'd be without it!
  5 Lastest Threads by hertie_1
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Dodgy handbrake Wheels & tyres hertie_1 5 1166 30th October 2009 10:12 AM
Renault Clio 2 - Early Ownership Problems Cars & motoring hertie_1 8 1558 15th May 2009 12:02 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome