Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - LAGUNA "be prepared" - NOT ... "get repaired"

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 15th May 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Thumbs up

I aree with Davesss on the drain holes/channels comment,

on my 2001 Espace - the black plastic trim covering the front wiper linkages; on either side there is a large drain hole in the plastic to allow water to run down the channel and off the car.

Mine were clogged full of mud and leaves, twigs etc previous owner been rally driving or something? Jeezo.
A blockage like this could surely cause untold misery later on given the layout of this vehicle, not only with the wipers but with seals and electrics, could eventually cause water to drain into the wrong places!!!

It is prudent to have the whole thing off and clean the entire area out, means taking the mirrors and wipers off though so quite involved for a couple of wee drain holes.

I haven't done that yet but I plan to, I have only unblocked the drain holes for the time being. It may be worth taking pics and what not when I get round to it.

BIG thumbs up for the preventative maintenance section idea, every forum should have one.
Currently in Spanner_Brain's garage:
2001 Grand Espace 2.0 16V privilege, Audi A4 2.8 V6 Quattro
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome