Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace central locking

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th May 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Espace central locking

Hi, all just thought this might be of interest to someone.
Brought an 1998 Espace two days ago and found when I got home that the two rear doors would not lock. Today I spent most of it trying to find a new solenoid as I suspected this as the trouble (renault wanted 37 +Vat) so I went to the local scrappy no Espace but I found that the Clio 1999 had the same units (10 ) tested it there and it worked fine.

When I fitted it to my car nothing great, so I spent the rest of the day trying to trace the wireing looking for a relay or something. Anyway in the engine compartment r/h side if you are looking at it is a black plastic compartment and after you remove the top there are many relays. At the bottom there are three grey relays the middle one seems to be the one for the central locking my one was not in properly I removed it cleaned it and hey presto the lock worked every time I tried it. However the other side (passenger side) still does not but I will strip that door and try tomorrow. If anyone has any other clues to why the other does not work it may save me time.
Currently in CLawes's garage:
1998 Espace 2.0 rt Saab 93 2.0t
  5 Lastest Threads by CLawes
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace central locking Electronics CLawes 3 1037 15th May 2009 07:08 PM
Radio and side door locking Electronics dave_mezza2006 1 654 14th May 2009 10:41 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome