Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Speaker fitting - 2002 Clio Dynamique

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 17th May 2009
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Theres absolutely nothing to prevent you using the connections from the original speakers as long as you know which is the positive feed and which is the earth and match them to your 6x9's.Personally I would be tempted to run complete new wires back to them as the standard fit speaker wire is of a pretty poor quality and this can effect the sound from the speakers,but it depends on how fussy you are.

Pioneer produce a range of custon fit speakers designed to fit into the mounts that are already in the car,this would be a better route of you were worried about which speakers would fit,and also if you were worried about cutting holes in the parcel shelf or having to make another shelf up.If you have a look on the Pioneer UK website you can type in your car details and it will match speakers to it giving details on any modifcations (if any) that are needed to fit specific speakers from their range to your car.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome