Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio II Speedo Sender Unit Testing

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th May 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to -=NPG=-
Clio II Speedo Sender Unit Testing

I hope I'm posting this in the correct section, but please accept my apologies if it doesn't belong in electrical.

The speedo on my Clio II Phase 1 does not work.

I've done the gauge test by pressing the odometer reset while switching on the ignition and all of the gauges ramp up and down as they should.

The speedo sender unit by the back of the gearbox is a 3-wire unit which appears to have a square peg shaft which I would presume rotates with varying speed and thereby gives some form of feedback back to the ECU etc.

I suspect this unit to be faulty but would like to know if there is any way of conclusively testing it before I spend money to only find the fault lies somewhere else?

Thank you in advance.
Currently in -=NPG=-'s garage:
2001 Renault Clio II 1.4 16-Valve
  5 Lastest Threads by -=NPG=-
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio II Phase 1 Cambelt replacement Engines -=NPG=- 3 1700 2nd October 2009 03:14 PM
Clio II Brake discs - odd sizes? Wheels & tyres VelSatisfied 2 1371 8th August 2009 09:24 AM
Clio II Speedo Sender Unit Testing Electronics davidarich 2 2405 18th May 2009 09:24 AM
New Member From South Africa Welcome to RenaultForums Trudge 7 2010 12th May 2009 08:59 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome