Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - CC Roof Leak

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 19th May 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Originally Posted by razzy26uk View Post
ive heard no horror stories regarding the focus c+c or the vw version
I work for a VW dealer and 15% of EOS's don't leak badly VW now have a dedicated line for EOS leaks for the dealer.
FORD well there is a dealer down the road from us whos salesmen refuse to sell the Focus CC because of water leaks, apparantly the ford is worse than the VW
Never hear anything about the Nissan Micra CC or the Astra TT apart from the roof always goes wrong on the Astra, whaich does not suprise me, have you seen one open it is a magnifisant sight all the little plastic bits flapping around but there is a lot of mechanism to go wrong, a lot more than Renault, I tell you what I thought was awicked idea and well thought, suprised Renault didn't pick it up, think of the car! it is meant to be driven with the roof off, to the point where they lock the glove box for you, so when you get to your hotel or whereever how do you get your bags out of the boot?, Renault you have to shut the roof, Astra you press a button inside the boot which lifts the roof out of the boot and allows you acess to remove your luggage (small amount that it is) which I thought was well thought of, on the negative side, something else to break, not heard anything abour leaks and roof problems from Peugeot either but there is not a dealer around me neither do I know anyone who has one.
Currently in christopherM's garage:
Megane CC 1.9Dci 2004 & Megane Coupe 1.4 16v 1999
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome