Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 2008 'Break Fault' intermitent start problem

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 20th May 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by caddo View Post
Morning all,

Finished work yesterday evening and went out to my car (Megane 1.6 saloon 2008 petrol) but it wouldnt start. It would tick over and then just give up. The other thing was that after the second attempt the brake pedal became 'locked', wouldnt press and the display was coming up with a 'BREAK FAULT' error.

Rang my breakdown assist and eventually out comes Mr 'no english' mechanic in his tow truck. He tried it several times but it did the same for him and wouldnt start. He then kept pressing my 'key pod' locking and unlocking the doors ten/twenty times then trying to start the car, then another ten/twenty times etc etc and eventually the car started. Thats literally all he did.

I asked him what the problem was and he said - its fixed - i said i want to know what the problem WAS and he said 'immobilisier'. I asked did i need to bring the car to a garage or was it the key pod that maybe just needed a battery and he said 'immboiliser broken now car works!'

So I'm none the wiser!!! Its worked fine since.

Dont want to bring the car to the garage if its simply a case of a dodgy battery but equally dont want to ignore
something that may give me a problem when i least need it.

Any ideas????

sounds like the key card couldn't be reconised so the immobiliser cut in,hence why it wouldn't start, by him keep locking and opening with the key card the vehicle finally realised it was for that car and reset immobiliser.
Currently in deni.babe's garage:
2003 megane 2 1.6vvt dynamic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome