Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - URGENT! Can't lock Lag II HELP????

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 6th June 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by mitul1983
Keeping two keycards is a good idea as well.
An excellent point. And it shouldn't cost any more to code two cards than it does for one, so getting a spare card now would make sense as it won't be double the cost of getting just the one.

Also, if you ever trade the car in at a Renault dealer, they're liable to penalise you for only having one card. When we traded our Clio in on a newer one, they insisted on having both keys.

Edit: Just a thought (if you're still trying to lock the car.) If you have someone to assist, you could lock yourself in the car using the button, have them unlock the passenger door so that you can get out, then lock it again with the key. If you're on your own, you might be able to do something similar by opening the window so that you can unlock the door from the outside yourself, then closing the window before you get out.

I just worry that one day I'll have a dead battery, or my keycard won't work for some reason. I park my car with the passenger side mere inches from the caravan. If it ever refuses to unlock, I'll have to either move the 'van (without swinging it into the car - that's going to be tricky) or break a window. If I parked next to a wall, then even that wouldn't be an option. The emergency lock should really be on the driver's door. I assume it is on the LHD variants - obviously it was too much trouble to move it over to the other door for the RHD market.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome