Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - advice on buying espace

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 20th May 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

When I was looking for a people carrier to also tow a large caravan it was between the Galaxy & the Espace - in terms of Espace being light years ahead I must admit that I went purely on how it drove & how it looked - if that had been the only criteria I would have chose the Galaxy, unfortunately Ford don't do a stretched version or one with a powerful diesel & so my decision was made for me!

Having said that it has been reliable apart from braking an engine steady bar just after I got it & needing a battery so nothing I can moan about there! The headlights don't self level but that's covered by the warranty I took out. Handling isn't that good but I suspect that with now having 60k on it new shocks would sort that. (Haven't had the bottle to get a costing on that!)

On the plus side it's comparatively fast, fuel consumption is good, has been reliable, there's bags of room, has a good selection of toys! & pulls a twin axle caravan as if it's not there.

Would I have another one? Yes if Ford still didn't do a big diesel!

Currently in abmnw's garage:
2004 Renault Grande Espace 3.0 Dci Initiale, Merc E300 TD Estate & Ford Focus Estate (all autos!!)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome