Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - clio 2 dci turbo damage

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st May 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
clio 2 dci turbo damage

My 2005 clio 2 dci went for its 100 000 km service.
When I recieved the car back there was a quiet whine in the engine(wasn't there before), which I thought was the fan. a few days later the car lost power and the whine changed pitch. Returned the car to renault dealer and was informed that the turbo had to be replaced(very expensive) and I complained because the car had just been in for a service. I was told that the service has got nothing to do with the turbo , so I asked for a better price on the new turbo . eventually, a person for the Retail Motor Industry was called in to give an independent assessment, and he discvovered that the foam around the air filter had been damaged while fitting and that the a blade of the turbo was bent. He concluded that the badly fitted and damaged air filter could have been the cause of failure of the Turbo . The dealer has since said he disagrees and that I am still liable because after stripping the turbo they found scratches insde the housing from the fan.
I'm not happy. They called the independent assessor, not me, and then they disagree and I must still pay!
Any advice??
  5 Lastest Threads by dhaylett
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
clio 2 dci turbo damage Electronics madnoel10 1 831 21st May 2009 08:31 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome