Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Boot Lock Button Fix

View Single Post
post #103 of (permalink) Old 21st May 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Boot lock button

I had a similar problem with the boot button. It started to come off and I went to Renault Dealer and was told it was broken and I needed to buy a new one. Around 40 pounds to buy the kit ( as they don't sell only the push button) in black( that didn't match the colour of my Scenic Fidji 2003), another 20 to have it sprayed in the same colour and around 50 more for them to have the new one installed. I ended up loosing the button as I forgot to remove it one day when I went out and bought a new kit for 40.83 pounds. I was amazed to find out that all needed doing was to put a new ruber ring ( a bit like a washer for a tap) to prevent the button from coming off. Never once Renault explained that that was all that needed doing. That shouldn't cost more than a 1 pound to buy. And I also installed the new button, which is quite easy to do. I wished Renault Dealer would be more honest with us clients.
Currently in dedeko's garage:
Scenic Fidji 2003 1.6 petrol
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome