Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Car Audio/Clock/Temp Display

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 22nd May 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Wierd little bulbs

Hi mmimoletti,
I am just having exactly the same problem. I did NOT disconnect my battery but after this happened I checked the Haynes manual and it tells you to disconnect your battery. I am now thinking that with these being wierd tiny bulbs we may have momentarily made a short circuit that could have knackered the unit (says prayers). I have tried disconnecting the battery so as to start from scratch, put radio code in etc---nothing. I have a little hope at present as I broke 1 bulb and I think the other one is u/s. I used a ohm meter on the bulb but no continuity. I am getting a very very dim read out though, just enough to be able to put the code in. It's rather strange. I have now got to try & find some new bulbs, (pity we do'nt have a Halfords in Spain). I would be Very interested to know any progress on your problem. I have spent hours searching the forum but have drawn a blank. Please keep in touch. Ed.
Currently in eddiejago's garage:
1999? Renault Laguna I phase 2 1.9 dti
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome