Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Espace III Yr 2000: Problem with head lights

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd May 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Grand Espace III Yr 2000: Problem with head lights

Hi, a front dipped head light failed the other night and I replaced it. During this action I shorted the cable to this light for a brief moment on the surrounding metalwork ( I had forgotten to switch off the lights since it was dark and I needed some light), but no fuse blew or any other noticable problem arose. The new bulb functioned OK and I drove home, but later noticed that when the main beam lights were switched 'on', the dipped lights also remained 'on', which I am pretty sure should not happen. However, I cannot be sure if this started to happen immediately after changing the bulb or not. What is correct ?
Note : the relevant dashboard lights only show either Dipped or Main, as they always did.
Has any one an idea about this ? Could it be that the short has caused a Relay to weld together or similar ?

Hoping for an early reply before I need to drive any long distances in the dark and need my main beams.

Thanks in advance, Royboy47
Currently in Royboy47's garage:
Grand Espace III 16V Yr 2000; 1961 MGA 1600
  5 Lastest Threads by Royboy47
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
F4R 16V 2 Litre Manifold Air Temp Sensor - how to... Engines Royboy47 0 841 27th November 2011 09:26 PM
Grand Espace III Yr 2000: Problem with head lights Electronics Donald 2 719 23rd May 2009 07:52 PM
Espace III - Central Locking problem Electronics jack daniels 6 1587 1st May 2009 11:05 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome