Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio II - Strange Window Problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th May 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio II - Strange Window Problem

Hey all!

This forum is great I have been hovering around for a while now and it's helped me out with my new purchase of a 51 Renault Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique.

It's a great car although I have had a few problems with a leaky sunroof and a speaker not working, I have managed to fix the speaker and as its getting sunny, the sun roof can wait, but what I don't really want to leave is my passenger electric window.

I have read loads of posts on here about them opening by themselves etc, but mine is firmly shut (which I guess I should be happy about!).

I have read about regulators and things, but I want to start at the smaller possible problems before I get to the bigger ones.

The strange thing about my case is there is not even that 'click' sound when you try to use either the passenger or the driver switches. This lead me to think this could be a fuse, but then looking in the fuse box I thought if the electric window fuse goes then surely the driver window wouldn't work either?

I have tried the reset where you hold the button down for a few seconds but that hasn't worked.

So what do you think it could be? If it made the 'click' noise and nothing happened I could understand it, but without that 'click' I'm not sure where to start!

Any help would be great!
  5 Lastest Threads by RadicalRooster
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
New clutch - Is this normal?! Engines mr espace 4 1835 10th June 2010 04:29 PM
Has my clutch gone?! Engines RadicalRooster 4 1863 6th June 2010 01:44 PM
MK2 Clio owners! A cooling question! Heating & cooling RadicalRooster 12 2462 19th August 2009 02:37 PM
Coolant bottle pressure cap Heating & cooling RadicalRooster 1 1362 18th August 2009 04:43 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome