Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - key fob / immobiliser

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th May 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy key fob / immobiliser

I have a 1998 S reg megane scenic and surprise surpise, the keys have stopped working (I have two). They will not operate either the central locking or the immobiliser, so to all intents and purposes I am currently 'immobile' myself - ah the irony!!

Anyhow what I want to know is can I overide the immobiliser (as obviously I can get into the car with the key) or is this a new key job. I really hope its not the later as I have been quoted over 160 which seems ludicrous for a car which I don't even know is going to pass its MOT this year.

I have read something on the web about something inside the glove box - is this correct? Also is it possible just to get the immobiliser taken off altogether as to be honest it drives me nuts anyway.

oh yes, I have tried the obvious i.e. batteries and checking for faults inside the keys. One of them was damaged in that the little infra red bubble had become detatched from the circuit board so i soldered it back together, but to no avail. The other key had no obvious signs of damage but no red light would come on at all even with new batteries.

5 Lastest Threads by ocelot0411
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
key fob / immobiliser Electronics mateo027 3 1242 25th May 2009 10:48 PM
Renault Megane - Radio Code Electronics 8 15988 17th September 2008 03:53 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome